Trading For Beginners
Duration: ½ Day (3 Hours 30 Minutes)
Class Size: 15 - 30
This course introduces you to the concepts, tools and techniques that professional investors use to manage portfolios and make successful trades, while minimizing their risk. This course is for you if you are:
- Interested in managing your own investments
- Close to retirement and want to protect and drive income from your portfolio
- Saving for retirement and want to grow your portfolio
- Interested in learning to manage your Investment Advisor
- Interested in maximizing the tools your online brokerage provides
Taking the first step to managing your own investments can be a very intimidating task. We want to take the mystery out of investing for yourself, and introduce you to a step by step approach to becoming an educated trader and successful overall investor.
We guarantee that upon completion of this course you’ll have begun your journey to building a concrete set of tools and techniques that can help you stack the odds in your favour when you trade.1
- Firm grasp of basic financial market concepts and terminology:
- How to read charts and use technical indicators
- How to understand the fundamentals of any asset
- How crowd psychology affects market behaviour
- Determine what style of investor you are: from short term trader to longer term active portfolio manager.
- Understand the benefits of a top down approach to analyzing financial markets to better select investments that show signs of following the broader trends.
- Identify and understand the major types of financial markets, investments and the role they each can play in your portfolio – including Stocks, Bonds, ETFs, Mutual Funds, Commodities, Futures, Options, and Currencies.
- Identify professional tools and techniques required for short-term trading and longer-term portfolio management, that can help you consistently find low risk/high reward trades.
- How to build a disciplined rules-based trading plan for any asset class – including stocks, bonds, ETFs, and more.
- How to use your discount brokerage interface more effectively to manage your risk – Using stop and limit orders
- Decide with confidence about future trading and investing education
- Uncover how financial markets really operate
- Everything is correlated
- Indices and markets that matter
- Asset Classes, their roles, and interrelationships: stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, commodities, futures, options currencies.
- What type of investor are you?
- Investment and trading styles: short to long term
- Risk versus reward
- Top down approach to determining market direction
- Basic financial market concepts and terminology:
- Reading charts and applying technical indicators
- Performing fundamental analysis on any asset
- Identifying the impact of crowd psychology
- Identifying stocks that are on trend
- Stacking the odds in your favour to consistently identify low risk/high reward entries and exits for your trades:
- Building your analysis tool-kit: Technicals, Fundamentals
- Using market scanners to find optimal trading targets
- Managing risk by using Stops and Limit orders
- Building a trading plan that plays to your strengths, maximizes return and minimizes risk exposure
- Continuing education and free support resources to help you become a successful independent investor
- No experience required.
- 1 Terms & Conditions For Satisfaction Guarantee: In the rare case that you are dissatisfied with any of our courses you will be eligible for a full refund as long as you met the prerequisite and experience level criteria stipulated prior to taking the course. Having completed the stipulated prerequisites and possessing the stated experience level will ensure that you maximize your learning and potential in market results.